SOOOOOOOO I’m pumped….like haven’t been THIS excited about music or a song in a LONGGGG time.
I watched a video of Michelle Williams about 3 or 4 months ago on YouTube performing this song, “Say Yes,” and I absolutely feel in love with the song. Well, the song was released on Soundcloud today and OHHHHH MANNNNNN!!! It’s even better than it was when I fell in love with it the first time!!
And on top of that Beyonce and Kelly joined Michelle on it!
So here are my top 5 reasons why I love the song:
1. It’s AFRICAN!! Anybody who knows me, knows I LOVVVEEE Africa and my African family!! This song was written by an African and is a nice blend of current pop sounds infused with a native African flair. Such a great blend!
2. It’s MICHELLE’S!! Anybody who knows me also knows Michelle Williams has a special place in my heart. She’s been my favorite DC3 chick since she joined the group. I was originally partial to her because I used to think she was always slighted on the the singing parts, but then I realized she was hilarious so my sympathy for her turned into actual admiration of her as a person.
3. It’s DC3!! Who wouldn’t be excited for a DC3 reunion?!?!?! Come on!!! Huh? You’re not? Ok, that’s fine.
4. It’s DOPE!! I LOVE the lyrics…I LOVE the production…it’s just all around awesomeness.
5. It’s JESUS!! Ummmm…judge Beyonce, Kelly & Michelle if you want. I’m just happy they are all actually singing a song about Jesus! Think of how many people will listen to this who would’ve never stepped foot in a church. Granted they may be confused when they compare this to Kelly & Bey’s regular music, but hey! God can sort all that out right? I’m absolutely sure He can. I’m bout to start a debate here so I’ll stop…wait, a discussion would actually be grand! Ha!
So here’s your chance to listen! Peep the live version & the new release. What do you think? You like the song? Have a problem with Bey & Kelly being on it? Would love to hear your perspective.
The original YouTube:
The produced track featuring Beyonce & Kelly: