Yesterday morning I woke up, opened my devotional journal and had some quiet time. After reading the day’s meditation, I was instructed to “write down the promises of God that mean the most to you.” Here’s what I wrote:
1. I will never leave you nor forsake you (Heb 13:5, Joshua 1:5)
2. I am with you always (Matt 28:20)
3. I know the plans I have for you (Jer 29:11)
4. To everything there is a season (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
5. Draw near to me and I will draw near to you (James 4:8)
6. Blessed are those who thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6)
7. Nothing can separate you from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39)
Now I know somebody gave me the side-eye on #4. I consider that one a promise because it lets me know everything is in a cycle and crazy life happenings won’t last forever.
“Draw near to Him by affirming your trust in these promises,” my devotional read; and I’d like to encourage you to do the same! What are some of God’s promises that mean the most to you? I’d love to hear ’em!